Geothermal energy is able to deliver sustainable, reliable and competitively priced electricity in 24 countries as well as heating in 82 countries! While not yet fully utilized, geothermal energy is an important part of Canada’s energy future, creating new investment and jobs in Canadian communities while also contributing to a cleaner environment for future generations.
CanGEA will give a presentation at the SAIT Geoscience Career Development Club.
The presentation will cover the following topics:
1. Basic introduction to geothermal energy
2. Different types of geothermal power plants
3. Commercial and Industrial uses of geothermal heat
4. The state of Canada's geothermal industry
5. Business opportunities globally and nationally
When? Monday, February 22, 2016 - 4:00 to 5:00 PM
Where? SAIT Polytechnic - MC312(map)
This event is exclusive for the members of the SAIT Geoscience Career Development Club.