The Canadian Geothermal Energy Association (CanGEA) is the collective voice of Canada’s geothermal energy industry. As a non-profit industry association, it represents the interests of its member companies with the primary goal of unlocking Canada’s tremendous geothermal energy potential.
Geothermal energy can provide competitively priced, renewable, around-the-clock energy to the Canadian and U.S. markets and is part of the solution to growing concerns about securing sustainable and cost-effective energy sources. CanGEA promotes the industry and the potential of geothermal energy in Canada through outreach events, research, policy work and representing Canadian interests internationally. Conducting research and providing valuable reports is an important method for CanGEA to promote the industry and the potential of geothermal energy.
CanGEA seeks to hire a full-time library and information technology intern in the Canadian geothermal energy industry.
This is a full-time position located in Calgary, Alberta that is 30-37.5 hours a week. This position is a student internship.
CanGEA is seeking an experienced, Calgary-based library scientist. We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated Library Information Technology Intern to join our technical team. As an intern, you will participate in the day-to-day activities of our organization and help document the development of our memberships, report and policy writing and government grant submissions.
The Library and Information Scientist will help archive and organize a plethora of documents. CanGEA is a 10+ year old association that has outgrown its current file management system. We'd like to improve our system by bringing on a library information professional and all the current standards they would offer our associations processes. The candidate will be an individual who is looking to transition to the renewable energy and advocacy sector. This role would qualify as an internship or co-op for the right candidate.
Full-time start date: May 1, 2020
Number of Positions: 1
Deadline: Upon filling of position
The Library Information Technology intern’s main duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to technical reports
- Develop a File/folder Hierarchy Standard (FHS) for our Dropbox files
- Organize 10+ years of folders into the Filesystem Hierarchy System
- Create "Papers" using the Dropbox application to provide orientation and training manuals to group folders
- Create "Showcases" using the Dropbox application to produce comprehensive project reports
- Develop a corporate archive policy
- Develop a "sharing files" policy
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with little to no supervision
- Experience in the Canadian energy field is an asset
- Results-oriented with a track record of achieving targets
- University degree / College Diploma with a focus in file organization - attained or materially completed
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software, DropBox and Go Daddy
- High attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Office administration
- Working in an entrepreneurial team environment
- IT management
What CanGEA Offers:
The opportunity to become a principal contributor to the needs of one of the youngest and fastest-growing industries in Canada – geothermal energy.
To be ELIGIBLE for this opportunity, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive), or enrolled in post secondary school, or a professional designation program (i.e. CPA)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of a government wage assistance program within the past year
Application materials: Candidates are asked to submit their Resume and Cover Letter detailing why you are qualified for the position to email@example.com
CanGEA thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted: March 11, 2020