Geothermal Lunch & Learn
An Introduction to Geothermal & Canadian Business Opportunities
Have you ever wanted to raise lobsters in Alberta? Or use renewable electricity that operates 24/7?
Geothermal energy is delivering clean, base-load and low cost electricity in 24 countries as well as heating in 82 countries for fish farms, greenhouses, breweries, and much more! While not yet fully utilized, geothermal energy is an important part of Canada’s energy future, creating new investment and jobs in Canadian communities while also contributing to a cleaner environment for future generations.
We will be in Edmonton, Alberta to host an encore of our Geothermal 101 event that sold out July 23! The event includes an in person presentation by CanGEA's chair and board member of the International Geothermal Association, Alison Thompson, that focuses specifically on geothermal business development opportunities in Alberta. This will be followed by a Q&A and networking. The following topics will be covered:
- Basic introduction to geothermal energy & Alberta's resources
- Different types of geothermal power plants
- Commercial and industrial uses of geothermal heat applicable in Alberta
- The state of Canada's geothermal industry
- Business opportunities globally and nationally